Smoking, as everyone knows, isn’t the healthiest habit. Yet, it’s still a choice.
Whether you’re a pack-a-day type or one that enjoys the occasional cigar during a momentous event you know there are adverse side-effects of the habit that are very real and pressing the longer you smoke.
We now live in a very exciting time for those that choose to smoke. We’ve seen advancement in technology that allows us to ditch the “analog” and embrace the “digital”.
The most recent of these examples is the rise of the electronic cigarette store. Smokers can actually shop online for different electronic cigarettes (and related accessories). This can help to reduce some of the many negatives associated with smoking, such as harmful toxins, the prohibitive cost, the health risks, and even the social stigma.
Of course there are many alternatives to electronic cigarettes, too, including:
- Using a nicotine patch and slowly scaling down
- Nicotine gum for when you have cravings
- Hypnosis in an attempt to trick your brain
All of these options are in place to help you quit or at least reduce the amount you smoke, which is significant if you’re a heavy smoker.
Too often, though, smoking isn’t about the nicotine “kick” … it’s become a hobby, a social self defense mechanism in some form.
Let’s take a moment to reassess some of the advantages of going “digital” by replacing cigarettes with e-cigs:
- Electronic cigarettes use a vaporizer system, which heats and vaporizes e-liquid. The result is that you inhale vapor instead of harmful smoke (but you still feel the “hit” associated with inhaling) and that you don’t get the pungent smell that has come under harsh criticism. A bonus, especially to those that enjoy smoking, is that e-liquid comes in many different types and flavors. You can choose a variety of flavors from traditional tobacco to fruity mixes. An added benefit, when selecting a cartridge or e-liquid, is that you’re also given the choice in the amount of nicotine which you can use to scale down and even reach nicotine-free usage but still enjoy the flavor.
- E-cigs also provide a great way to cut down on the costs of smoking. For a few dollars you can “recharge” your device by using pre-filled cartridges or the most cost effective method is to use the liquid which can last you week (or months) at a time. A small investment, up-front, for a great electronic cigarette can save you thousands of dollars every year compared to the average cost of smoking and those costs from most adverse effects due to the habit.
- Going digital also allows you to explore smoking as a hobby. There are many options to modify and tweak electronic cigarettes in areas such as a larger tank, its color, and many other peripherals. In fact, there are entire communities dedicated to muddying their e-cigs to their liking.
All-in-all, the best option is to quit, but electronic cigarettes offer a great alternative to those that can’t quite leap the mental hurdle at this time, or for those that want to continue to enjoy the flavor and activity but with healthier options. The choice in flavors, benefits in areas such as smell, health and regaining your taste, makes it an attractive decision if you’re willing to switch to the “digital” format.